Focus - Authenticity - Courage - Empathy - Timing
- Effective leaders stay focused on the outcomes they wish to create.
- Leaders who are authentic attract followers, even leaders who are viewed as being highly driven and difficult to work for.
- The challenges facing leaders are immense, and require great courage to overcome.
- Effective leaders know how to listen empathetically … thus legitimizing others' input.
- The single most critical facet is in knowing when to make critical decisions and when not to. All of the other facets must be viewed as subservient to getting the timing of critical decisions right.